We asked a handful of young artists to take Perform-V for a spin. This is their first impressions – and a quick glimpse of how professional control of your sound creates a unique and personal experience, both for you and your fans.
INSTANT STUDIO SOUND
Crystal clarity for every word is the true power of Perform-V. It understands what suits your voice and shapes it for your audience. Pressing the TONE button automatically takes care of the business of making you sound better. If there is one magic trick inside Perform-V, this is it.
Onboard are all those exciting sounds that captivate your listeners, create dazzling effects, or add lyrical emphasis – just like those used by every popular artist before you. The DOUBLE,REVERB, and ECHO controls give you fast access to all the classic sounds that make good singers great and they’re yours to explore.
Out of the box it’s easy to dial in a timeless, premium vibe using the onboard Double, Reverb, and Echo sounds. However, the real fun starts when you download the free Perform-V app for your smartphone.
Choose from hundreds of pre-made sounds including HardTune, harmony, megaphone, and instantly recreate the vibe of your favorite artist or musical style. Simply “beam” the sounds directly from your phone to the PRESET buttons and you’re good to go – no need for accessories or even a wireless or Bluetooth connection! It’s pretty much magic, and you’ll just have to try it to believe it.
MAKE IT A HIT
Most presets you beam or download come with a "HIT" function. HIT helps you build intensity into your performances by adding additional layers to the preset by simply pressing the preset button a second time (it turns blue instead of green). This is ideal for creating striking choruses or highlighting a certain phrase.
SET AND FORGET
Perform-V removes much of the complexity involved with most audio gear. In addition to Tone, the Automatic Microphone Input Gain means that setup is as straightforward as plugging in a mic and holding the SET button while you sing. Boom, ready to rock. It even clips onto your mic stand right where you need it.
Everything about Perform-V is designed to remove the typical obstacles that singers face while leaving the all-important creative control to you. This includes the option for adding subtle PITCHcorrection as well as ANTI-FEEDBACK, which protects you from accidental screeches, so you can sing your heart out anywhere on stage.
- Essential set of classic vocal effects, including 4 Reverb, 4 Echo, and 4 Double types
- Automatic Microphone Input Gain for painless mic setup
- Adaptive Tone. Automatic global control of EQ, Compression, De-essing and Gating for a professional vocal sound
- Powerful Anti-Feedback algorithm eliminates speaker squealing instantly with minimal impact on the overall sound
- Store and recall your favorite effects combinations to 3 preset locations
- Beam new vocal sounds from your smartphone via the free Perform-V mobile app for iOS and Android. Beaming presets include selection of 1 and 2-voice harmonies, HardTune, megaphones, song and artist presets and more, with HIT functions
- RoomSense mic. Built-in microphone allows practice without connecting a mic
- Aux input allows performance with music from your mobile device
- Visual Pitch meter. Improve your vocal technique and train your ear
- Chromatic Pitch Correction can gently guide your vocals to the nearest semitone
- Tap tempo button helps you match echoes to song tempo
- Talk button mutes all effects but keeps Tone active, for when you want to talk to your audience
- Hands-off automatic harmony and HardTune key via RoomSense mic or Aux input
- Loud headphone output with adjustable level
- Unique, one-click mic stand mounting system
- High-quality, low-noise mic preamp with 48V phantom power support for condenser mics
- USB connection to VoiceSupport, our free app for firmware updates and preset management
- Compatible with the TC-Helicon MP-75 & MP-76 Modern Performance Vocal Microphones with Mic ControlTM to control effects from your mic
- Input for optional TC-Helicon Switch-3 and Switch-6 foot pedals for additional performance control
Singers often get a raw deal on stage. Bad speakers, no proper sound system, and a sound guy who doesn't know you – or your music. So, to have personal control of real studio vocals in a LIVE setting is empowering in a way that cannot be overstated. Even if you're just rehearsing or recording at home, it is a true game-changing experience to have all the tools you need for taking your vocals to the next level right at your fingertips.
VOCAL FX HIGHLIGHTS
- Essential set of Double, Reverb and Echo vocal sounds
- Adaptive ToneTM for supreme live production
- Beam or download hundreds of new sounds and styles
- Practice without a mic using the onboard RoomSense microphone
- Extended control with our mics and footswitches
Perform-V will evolve with you. VoiceSupport, our free desktop app, gives you the latest firmware updates and maintains your personal database of presets that you have beamed. All you need is a Mac or Windows computer with a USB input.
PRACTICE WITHOUT A MIC
When you're not beaming presets to it, the embedded RoomSenseTM mic doubles as a handy vocal input for headphone sessions when the ideas come faster than getting up and plugging in your regular mic.
Remote control your sounds with a mic engineered for the sonic realities of modern vocal performance. Add the TC-Helicon MP-75or MP-76 microphone and use the groundbreaking Mic Control™ buttons to roam the stage freely.
While Perform-V is designed for a hands-on experience, there may be times when you're playing an instrument or otherwise keeping those fingers occupied. For these occassions, you can add a Switch-3 or Switch-6 accessory pedal to let your feet take control.
*beamable via the free Perform-V app for iOS and Android
- Adaptive Tone
- Pitch Correction
- Direct access to high-quality Double, Reverb and Echo effects
- Central encoder knob with 4-color light ring for easy editing of sounds, settings, mix levels and other parameter control
- Mic Input Gain setup
- Adaptive Tone on/off
- Anti-Feedback on/off
- Pitch correction on/off and amount
- 48V phantom power for condenser mics on/off
- Dedicated, custom preset storage and recall buttons with HIT on/off
- Headphone output level
- All effects on/off via Talk
- Tap tempo
- Mic Control™ via MP-75 or MP-76 microphones
- Height: 3.6 inches (92 mm)
- Width: 6.6 inches (167 mm)
- Depth: 6.7 inches (170 mm)
- Weight: 0.93 lb. (0.48 kg)
- Extremely durable ABS plastic body
- Soft touch elastomer backlit buttons
- Punch-cut metal connection panel
- Rubberized footings
- Unique built-in mic-stand grip
- Connector: XLR
- Input Impedance: 2.8 kOhm balanced, 1.4 kOhm unbalanced
- Max Input Level: -28 dBu to +2.8 dBu
- EIN @ max gain, 150 Ohm Zsource: -128 dBu A-weighted
- Microphone SNR: > 105 dB A-weighted
- Phantom Power: +48V
- A to D Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 115 dB SNR A-weighted
- Connector: 1/8" stereo mini jack
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhm
- Max Input Level: +2.5 dBu
- A to D Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 102 dB SNR A-weighted
- D to A Conversion: 24 bit, 128 x oversampling bitstream, 115 dB SNR A-weighted
- Connectors, balanced: XLR
- Output Impedance Balanced/ Unbalanced: 66/33 Ohm
- Output 0 dBFS: -1.5 dBu
- Dynamic Range: > 109 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response: +0.50/-0 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Connector: 1/8" mini stereo jack
- USB: USB-B (Preset Management and Firmware Updates)
- Pedal: 1/4″ TRS phone jack
- Mic Control using TC-Helicon MP-75 and MP-76 Microphones or Sennheiser e 835 FX mic.
- External Power Supply. Mains Voltage Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50 to 60 Hz (auto-select)
- 12V DC 1A max output
- Power Consumption: < 14 W
- EMC – Complies with: EN 55103-1 and EN 55103-2 FCC part 15, Class B, CISPR 22, Class B
- Safety – certified to: IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA IEC 65, EN 60065, UL6500 and CSA
- Operating Temperature: 32° F to 122° F (0° C to 50° C)
- Storage Temperature: -22° F to 167° F (-30° C to 70° C)
- Humidity: Max. 90 % non-condensing
- Region specific power supply
- USB cable
- User guide