Studio One 3 Artist builds on the blazingly fast workflow, unparalleled sound quality, and rock-solid stability that made Studio One the fastest growing DAW of all time. It adds innovative songwriting and arranging tools, inspiring and unique sound-design capabilities, and a gorgeous new, high-dpi, multi-touch interface that is optimized to keep you engaged, even on extended sessions.
Please note: Presonus includes USB Media to install the software when you purchase the boxed version.
New in Studio One 3 Artist
New Instruments, New Effects, Even Easier, Even Faster
With all the excitement around Studio One 3 Professional, it can be hard to discern exactly what’s new in Studio One 3 Artist. Here’s a handy list of the big improvements:
- New, multi-touch enabled, user customizable, high-dpi Interface
- New browser with Musical Search and online Cloud content
- Mai Tai polyphonic analog modeling Synth
- Presence XT sampler with essential sound library
- Input Filter Note FX
- Rotor audio effect
- BitCrusher audio effect
- Mixer improvements, including track/console sync
- Automation curves
- Smart, user-definable Alternate tool
- Audio Bend updated with élastiquePRO 3 time stretch and pitch manipulation
- Step recording for easy beat and track programming, even of complex parts
- Dynamic, context-sensitive documentation, help, and tool-tips.
- SoundCloud import/export and control panel in Start Page
The Presonus drag-and-drop browser has helped define Studio One’s ease of use. In version 3.0, getting the loops, effects, instruments, and presets you need is even faster with tag-based musical search. Speaking of loops Studio One Professional includes nearly 10,000 audio loops, music loops, and one-shots to get your projects started and reinforce your arrangements.
Find Content By Style and Instrument, Not Filename
In the new Studio One Browser, improves navigation and visibility by consolidating all pages and tabs at the top of the screen to, but the real workflow innovation is the new “Musical” Keyword Search function. Imagine finding the loop you need by typing “Heavy Rock Acoustic Drums” into the new Loops tab, rather than wading through a list of thousands of files and trying to remember what each file is. Another option is to show a tag palette with all currently used tags and select the tags you want filter by. “Musical” Search lets you intuitively search for loops, and instrument and FX presets the way that you think, by associating musical terms (tags) such as Style, Instrument, and Character to content. All library content (included) that ships with Studio One 3 and all content purchased and downloaded from the PreSonus Marketplace comes pre-tagged ready to take advantage of this feature.
The new “Cloud” tab makes all online content locations conveniently accessible directly within Studio One: Exchange (free shared content from other Studio One users), SoundCloud (upload and download from your SoundCloud account), and the new PreSonus Shop, which offers direct access to a growing number of Studio One Add-ons available for purchase including loops, sounds, plug-ins and even new features that can be installed or unlocked. With PreSonus Shop access, Studio One Artist users will be able to purchase and unlock additional features as needed without having to upgrade to Professional.
Mai Tai, Studio One’s new polyphonic analog modeling synth, gives you the ability to create monster electro and bass sounds that cleanly cut through your mix like a scalpel, inflict punishment like a jagged rusty blade, or bludgeon listeners with bass that will leave them reeling for days.
Not unlike the effect you experience after a few drinks that share the same name, Mai Tai’s sounds can change character and produce drastic morphing changes and unique timbres. Its Multimode filter offers sounds ranging from vintage analog (a la Moog or Oberheim) to state-of-the-art "zero-delay filters" sounds only found in virtual instruments costing hundreds of dollars. Mai Tai’s oscillators and LFOs have a free-run mode, like an analog synth. Get modular-synth-style operation for enormously complex sounds, through Mai Tai's 16-stage modulation matrix. And Mai Tai is guaranteed to sound amazing because it’s built on Studio One’s dynamic new synthesis engine.
- 2 oscillators with sub-oscillator and 2 LFOs can operate in free-run mode, exactly like real analog synths
- Noise generator
- Multimode filter with five types from vintage analog (Moog and Oberheim style) to modern state-of-the-art “zero feedback” filters
- Character module provides subtle or drastic sound changes, morphing-like effects and unique timbres.
- “Quality” modes affect overall performance and sound by changing the resolution or fine-tuning of oscillators, filters, and character section
- 3 envelope generators with scalable curve shapes
- 16-stage modulation matrix allows for enormously complex sounds; almost like having a modular synth.
- Built-in effects
- Scalable CPU performance
- Hundreds of presets, or mix your own
Presence XT Sampler
Presence XT represents the evolution of the original Presence sample-player, which has transformed into a robust, full-featured sampler. Rather than thinking of this as Presence “+ 1,” think of this more like Presence on steroids. Your old presets and song files will load, and some of the controls are the same, but that’s where the similarities end.
Load any new Presence XT sound, and you will immediately hear the difference, thanks to an entirely new, first-class sample library; disk streaming for large samples; and Studio One’s dynamic new synthesis engine.
Start to play, and you’ll feel difference, too, because Presence XT is equipped with articulation key-switching and powerful scripting capabilities for nuanced, lifelike sounds. Thanks to a powerful scripting engine, many instruments have custom controls for unique sound parameters. Many Guitars and Basses have adjustable fret-noise; Acoustic Piano has custom controls for sustain pedal noise; all Hammond Organ presets come with drawbar controls and switchable percussion; and Strings and Brass presets feature legato scripts, to name a few examples.
More Sounds are on the Way
Presence XT introduces a new generic multi-sample format for exchange with other hosts.
The Presence XT library can easily be expanded with more content available on the PreSonus Shop. At launch time, several new titles will be available, such as the Presence Studio Grand Piano.
Reinvented Synthesis and Instrument Engine
Studio One's reputation for flawless sound quality started with 64-bit audio processing and now extends to its instruments and the way they play sample content. Mai Tai and Presence XT are based on this new engine and feature the same great-sounding filters, effects, and powerful modulation matrix, with more instruments on the way.
Studio One 3 adds Note FX, a new way to bring Instrument Tracks to life. Patched in a similar fashion to audio FX, Note FX process the instrument note data, rather than the audio output signal.
Input Filter replaces the input filter found in the Track Inspector for Instrument Tracks. It can be used to limit the key range and velocity range of instruments at the input.
Rotor Audio Effect
Rotor re-creates the classic sound of a Leslie cabinet. Besides typical motor controls (on/off; slow/fast), Rotor also offers a virtual tube preamp featuring controls for drive and tone (Horn-Q), as well as mic positioning. Changing the rotor speed re-creates the authentic acceleration and braking effects. This is the perfect plug-in to complement Presence XT’s new B3 sounds or try it on guitar for a psychedelic effect.
Bitcrusher Audio Effect
By popular demand, Presonus presents Bitcrusher, a powerful low-fi plug-in. Bitcrusher combines overdrive, bit reduction, down-sampling, and clipping into a single, corrosively toxic tool.
New, customizable, high-dpi UI with multi-touch support.
Studio One 3 has a fresh and modern look that invites you to reach out and touch it.
And for the first time ever in any DAW, whether you are on MacOS X or Windows 8 (with a suitable multi-touch display), you can do just that to control your mix, arrangement, effects settings, and more.
Studio One 3 gives you the flexibility to customize the look to your taste or for different work environments. They also wanted you to enjoy Studio One no matter where you used it, from a small notebook to a 5K or Retina Mac or PC display, including multi-monitor setups. Studio One delivers thanks to its new high-dpi graphics, which takes advantage of a new Direct-2D graphics engine on Windows.
Smart, User-definable Tool palette
The Arrow tool in the tool palette is now enhanced with configurable alternate options that can be accessed using a modifier key for faster editing.
More of everything except the bloat.
Studio One boasts scores of new features and enhancements, yet manages to be even faster and easier to use. As much thought went into what features to add as how to add them so that Studio One could stay true to Presonus developers’ original vision of a “bloat free” music-making experience.
Notable improvements to version 3:
- Audio Bend updated with élastiquePRO 3 time stretch and pitch manipulation for pristine audio, even with extreme tempo shifts.
- Step Recording for easy beat and track programming, even of complex parts.
- Help when and where you need it through dynamic, context-sensitive documentation, Extended InfoView, and tool-tips.
- Track List and Inspector buttons have been moved and no longer jump.
- Dividers in mixer and Track Inspector now resize dynamically.
- Playback cursor visual improvements (including red on record).
- New Focus Frame highlights screen area with key command focus.
- New Render Instrument Tracks function renders Note FX and Transpose/Velocity track parameters.
- New All Notes Off (Panic) command in MIDI Monitor panel. Keyboard shortcut is assigned to “#”.
- New option to apply Folder Channel track color to enclosed tracks and channels (Advanced/Editing/Tracks).
- MIDI input filters are now available per MIDI input Ddevice (moved from global settings).
- Drag folder to create a new tab.
- Cmd+F always opens browser and search field (incl. Pool).
- “Category” is now included in plug-in search.
- Search results are automatically grouped by type.
- Delete Time also deletes markers/tempo/time-signature events.
- Selecting Delete Time without selection opens Start/End time window.
- New assignable key commands for Insert Silence in Loop and Delete Time in Loop have been added.
- A dot on knobs indicates automated controls of plug-ins and instruments.
INSTRUMENTS AND PLUG-INS
- Mono processing is now available for mono AU plug-ins.
- VST2/VST3 plug-in sidechaining now supports I/O configuration changes.
|Platform||Hybrid (Mac and PC)|
|System Requirements (Windows)||
|System Requirements (Mac)||