Powerful and Easy Music Notation Software at a Great Price.
MagicScore Maestro 8 is the fastest way to compose music and create print-ready music notation. Enter musical notes quickly using optimized tools or by playing your USB-MIDI keyboard or controller. Easily edit your score with powerful music notation tools that let you place individual notes, brackets, bar lines, clefs, articulations, and other symbols precisely where you want them. Transpose entire scores or individual instrument parts with just a few clicks. Insert comments, links, and other elements throughout your score. MagicScore Maestroincludes standard music notation symbols plus drum/percussion notation, guitar notation (tablature), and chord diagrams.
Listen to instrument parts and arrangements with MIDI instrument sounds to help you write for everything from solo piano to full orchestra. MagicScore Maestro comes with its own library of SF2 instruments, and you can also import thousands of additional sounds! Export your score as an MP3 or WAV file to share with others. Print engraver-quality music notation pages or output clean, easy-to-read images in popular graphic formats for publishing to the web or other applications. MagicScore Maestro is an incredible value in music notation software, giving you features found in notation software costing 3 to 4 times more!
- Fast and easy note entry methods such as Note and Symbol toolbars, Virtual Piano, Virtual Guitar, Chord Builder, or your USB-MIDI keyboard.
- Adding graphical elements (lines, rectangles, pictures, etc.) to music notation.
- Editing individual or groups of notes and markings.
- Inserting comments, links, and other elements throughout the score.
- Full control of page layout options including text orientation and symbol placement.
- Ability to save chord progressions as templates.
- An extensible list of musical terms.
- Score playback using a full range of band and orchestral MIDI instrument sounds and 3rd party SoundFonts (SF2) instruments.
- Adjusting volume, balance, and effects for each track of an instrument’s score.
- Velocity Editor, Piano Roll Editor, MIDI Events Editor, Sound Editor, and Tempo Editor; powerful tools that help you perfect the audio playback of your composition.
- Preset and custom MIDI effects such as Arpeggio, Gruppetto, Vorschlag, Trillare, and more.
- Drag & Drop support.
- Drum notation with customizable MIDI drum map.
- Guitar notation with tablature, chord diagrams, and support for other fretted instruments (6/7-string guitar, bass, banjo, etc.) in standard, drop, and open tunings plus custom instruments and tunings.
- Notation and playback support for guitar techniques (bends, hammer-ons, vibrato, etc.).
- Active Focus for quick access to the most important notation tools.
- Printing and previewing scores or exporting them as PDF, BMP, JPG, GIF, TIFF, or WMF.
- Importing/exporting MIDI, MusicXML files, and KAR (Karaoke format) files.
- Share via the internet using the MagicScore Music Portal or as HTML files.
- A comprehensive and interactive help system with Quick Start Guide.
Easy and Versatile Note Entry
Enter notes using Quick Input mode, the Chord Builder tool, or an extended tool palette of musical notes and symbols. You can also use a MIDI keyboard (or other MIDI controller) to easily record notes in either step or real time. Stuck on the bus without an instrument? Don’t let that stop you from writing. The notation software includes a virtual piano to let you input notes and rests. Guitar chord features include entering guitar chords from a user-extensible chord library and the ability for chord patterns to be saved as templates.
Powerful Music Notation Software Tools
Each individual element in a score can be edited and moved wherever the composer desires. The Notes and Symbols Palette makes it easy to the enter notes, clefs, keys, rests, tab, and all the symbols required to create professional music notation. To speed up note entry you can combine entering a note along with its style, semitone, microtone, tremolo, triplet, and other symbols in one stroke. There is even a microtonal editor that allows you to create music notation for pitches in microtonal steps. For ease of use, frequently used symbols can be maximized. Hot Keys are available to quickly switch between modes for adding different types of music notation symbols to your score, plus you can design and save your own library of notation symbols. Guitar notation includes symbol and playback support for bends, hammer-ons/pull-offs, vibrato and other techniques. Users can also add custom instruments and tunings. Also, it’s easy to switch between guitar tab notation and standard music notation views and to mix the two music notation styles in one document. Guitar tab and standard music notation are optionally synchronized.
Hear It As You Write It
MagicScore Maestro offers a full range of band and orchestral MIDI instrument sounds, so you can listen to your score as you create it. Also, you can import SoundFont files (SF2) to gain access to even more instrument sounds. Use the piano roll-style Playback Editor to fine-tune how notes are played via MIDI. Plus, a Drum Map Editor is included to simplify assigning notes to MIDI percussion sounds.
Publish Your Music for Print or the Web
Complete scores and/or individual parts can be printed out or exported as PDFs. Export pages as JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TIFF, or WMF for easy publishing in other applications. Use the “Copy as Picture” feature to select portions of the score and save as image files to share. You can also export individual parts or your entire composition in WAV or MP3 audio format to share the audio rendition of your work. MagicScore Maestro also exports and imports industry-standard MusicXML, standard MIDI files, and KAR (Karaoke format) files for exchange with other music software. Also, you can share your music via the internet using the MagicScore Music Portal and publish live playable, printable music scores on your Website using the free MagicScore Online plug-in.
Intuitive and Multifaceted Help System
MagicScore Maestro goes beyond standard help files with training videos, built-in tutorial lessons, and an extensive, intuitive contextual help system that monitors your actions and provides helpful suggestions.
|System Requirements (Windows)||
Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10